Elder Justice Coalition - Sonoma County Human Services
What is the Multidisciplinary Team?
The Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) is a select group of professionals throughout the community who work with Elder and/or Dependent Adults.
The Welfare and Institutions Code Section 15763, requires each county to establish and maintain an adult MDT. To meet this goal, Sonoma County Adult Protective Services has facilitated the MDT meeting since 1999.
What does the MDT do?
Professionals from the community present complex cases in confidential meetings and team members provide constructive feedback and identify strategies to reduce risk to these vulnerable adults.
In the process, resources and information about the community services are shared in the group.
- Collaborate with local programs and agencies
- Develop and implement interagency treatment strategies
- Comprehensive, coordinated service delivery for your clients
- Expand awareness of agency capabilities and community network of services
- Understand problem-solving approaches across disciplines and professions
- Access training and updates
- Expand your network with community professionals
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Council on Aging
- Health Clinics
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Legal Services
Many more individuals and groups can participate in the Multidisciplinary Team.
- North Bay Regional Center
- Redwood Caregiver Resource Center
- Financial Institutions
For more information, please contact Tara Underly, APS Community Liaison at: 707-565-3921 or email@example.com for details.